Sunday, July 29, 2012

Mel's Review #1

**Mel's Review**

First Bitten:
The Alexandra Jones Series
by Samantha Towle


A love story with bite …...

Walking home after a night out drowning her sorrows with her best friend, Carrie, Alexandra Jones stupidly takes a phone call from her cheating ex-boyfriend, Eddie, and in her anger hurls her phone into the forest before her.

But when Alex goes to retrieve her phone from the undergrowth, she and Carrie come face-to-face with a monster they never even knew existed, a Vârcolac (a nightmarish vampire-werewolf hybrid) and he's in search of fresh blood. The next thing Alex knows, she is staring at the impossibly handsome but mysterious Nathan who has helped bring her back to life, but not to the life she left.

To her horror, she discovers she has now become a blood-drinking Vârcolac herself and she is the only female of her kind, with the potential for breeding a whole new army of Vârcolacs if they can only track her down and press her into service.

And while Alex gets to know Nathan and his shape-shifting family as they offer her the protection she so desperately needs, unbeknown to all of them, the Vârcolacs are getting closer …


Mel's Review



I loved this book! It took a few chapters to really get into the story line but once I did I was completely hooked and read it strait through in one sitting.The relationship between Alex and Nathan had me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happened next. And I wanted to laugh and cry right along with Alex as she struggled to accept what had happened to her and what she had become while still trying to stay true to herself and her feelings. It ended far to quickly and I can't wait to read the next chapter in Alex's story. If you like a love story with some bite this one is definitely a must read for you!        Rating 5 stars



The standard stuff...

I started writing seriously in 2008 while on maternity leave with my son. I completed my first novel in five months, and I haven't stopped writing since! I have two novels released through Night Publishing, 'The Bringer' and my most recent 'First Bitten'.


I can't write a single word without listening to music. I listen to Kings of Leon, Adele, One Republic, The Doors, Muse, Oasis, Fleetwood Mac, Lady Gaga, Ed Sheeran and Lana Del Rey to name a few.


I was born in Hull. I graduated from Salford University in 2002 with a BSc (Hons) in Business and Marketing. I now live in East Yorkshire with my husband Craig, son Riley and daughter Isabella.


The not so standard...

I burn myself cooking on average at least once a week

I have weird phobias. Clowns and Jelly

I was 27 the first time I flew on a plane

I dip my fries in my milkshake

I somehow have never broken a bone, which is amazing seen as though I can barely put one foot in front of the other

I passed my driving test first time

I crashed my car a month after having my license

I have zero sense of direction

I hate geography, because I'm no good at it

I believe in karma and reincarnation

I read weirdly fast

I have a really loud laugh

And I talk way too much



Purchase/Stalker Links:
Amazon
Barnes and Nobles
Facebook Fanpage
Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment